1,984 Views · 126 Replies ( Last reply by el_Uste )
So, um... a bit old news but this article is killing me.
- I feel like we’re way overdue for glorifying the butthole. Like, there’s nothing wrong with a butthole. I know that a lot of people know that, and embrace their own buttholes, as well as the buttholes of others; some people unabashedly celebrate the butthole. But as a whole, as a society, we aren’t yet fully loving ourselves anally.
- In some ways, this ad isn’t even that unrealistic. Sure, there are more appropriate things you could wear on a bike, but anyone who’s ever spent a summer with a bike as their primary form of transportation knows that there are some days when a combination of high temperatures and not giving a fuck result in you biking around wearing as little clothing as possible. The creeps and prudes don’t matter in those moments. Sometimes, it’s just you, the road, the heat, and your butthole in the breeze.
- Even models’ buttholes are more photogenic than normal buttholes.
- I feel like if her eyes weren’t cropped out of this, it would feel entirely different. Like, maybe they’re predictably blank, fuck-doll eyes, but what if they were wide open, terrified, OMG IT’S RIGHT BEHIND ME eyes? They pretty much had to crop out the eyes so you wouldn’t get distracted from dat ass.
- Wait, we are right behind her. Doesn’t this feel like she’s trying to haul ass away from the audience? Are we supposed to assume that she’s looking back in a coy, “hey, follow me, let’s have sexy fun!” way, as opposed to a “Please leave me alone and stop staring at my butthole” way? Isn’t that assumption on the part of the viewer – and the assumption by American Apparel that we would make that assumption – indicative of a really unhealthy sense of entitlement to women’s bodies and the notion that, just by existing and having buttholes, they are implicitly consenting for you to look and follow (and…???) This is getting dark.
- “They pretty much had to crop out the eyes so you wouldn’t get distracted from dat ass.” – I think this is a direct quote from the “How To Objectify And Dehumanize The Female Body To Sell Things” handbook.
- This is also very body-positive. Possibly rape-positive too. But body-positive for sure. Don’t shame the butthole.
- That thong looks really comfortable as far as thongs go and I would like to buy several.
- I understand that, ultimately, me writing this is all American Apparel wanted. They weren’t making a statement. They weren’t being exploitative. They just wanted people to write about them and maybe sell some extra thongs as a result. Advertising is less about who you can pay to promote your products and more about what you can do to get people to talk about them for free.
883 Views · 29 Replies ( Last reply by BADWOLF )
I just discovered/started watching:
It's fantastic and has Kumail Nanjiani (who rules).
I'm keeping up with this show and just watched all of Broad City (which was solid) in one sitting and am up for suggestions of other shows to watch. I've heard good things about True Detective and will probably give that a whirl soon.
What else are y'all watching and would suggest others to check out if they aren't already watching?
3,172 Views · 248 Replies ( Last reply by Carl )
this is adele
16,357 Views · 1,425 Replies ( Last reply by JesusTits )
I expanded my Brit Motorsports Fleet today
13,436 Views · 1,012 Replies ( Last reply by CreedenceTapes )
14,613 Views · 1,350 Replies ( Last reply by el_Uste )
Here is some stuff in my house that I really love.
Ghostbusters photo and Jurassic Park Burger King watches
Thrift store mug
Vinyl Martian and Spudz Mackenzie Budweiser insulated beer mug
Giant Okie map
872 Views · 41 Replies ( Last reply by DGC-24711 )
(or those of you who know awesome meatless recipes)
What are some of your favorite meals/recipes that are relatively simple, or not too weird for non-vegetarians. I've found some nice blogs and websites for this, but I'm curious as to what kind of things you all make that everyone* can enjoy.
I've been to a lot of potlucks lately, and I have one tomorrow, and I wanted to try something different than what I've already made. Plz share <3
*dunn rly care bout vegans
266 Views · 21 Replies ( Last reply by xXKilltheheartXx )
so last night Summer added a bunch of movies to streaming Netflix, and we were kind of in the mood for something scary. so one that she added was Last House On The Left. unbeknownst to her it was the original 1972 Wes Craven version. which may just be the WORST "horror" movie i have ever seen. also the most not scary.
not sure if you've seen it, but if you have, you will know that all the scenes that are supposed to be tense and scary are paired with Benny Hill-style goofy music or tripped out bongo-laden mystical crap that just makes the whole movie laughable. add on horrible acting, dialogue, script, and the worst part: CINEMATOGRAPHY AND DIRECTION. the chase scenes had everyone running at best a speedwalk, and the one girl gets so far ahead of her attacker she is on the other side of a river yet he still catches up with her. by walking hurriedly.
anyway. a good amount of nudity and rape. so there was that.
^ this link better show up
great idea, horribly executed. do want to see the new one though.
1,590 Views · 18 Replies ( Last reply by xXKilltheheartXx )
37,493 Views · 3,182 Replies ( Last reply by inkyjenn )
Support MOCMOC will always be free. But, if you want to help out, become a SUPPORTER! A small donation will grant you Supporter access, hiding all of the ads, and granting you access to more features. Click here for info!
GenerousAdoration has updated their profile photo.
Today, 06:12 AM
BADWOLF has posted in 9 Thoughts About This Actual Butthole in an American Apparel Ad in General Nonsense.
Yesterday, 10:35 PM
inkyjenn has posted in 9 Thoughts About This Actual Butthole in an American Apparel Ad in General Nonsense.
Yesterday, 09:11 PM
Today's Top Posters
Since i hung out with Gracie yesterday...here's my west coast trip!
schojo - May 15 2015 06:58 AM
I donated "genetic material" to my neighbor's mailbox this afternoon.
Nadbash - May 05 2015 03:05 PM