555 Views · 62 Replies ( Last reply by bees )
555 Views · 51 Replies ( Last reply by gummiskor )
My Dear Makeoutclub,
In the nearly 15 years I've run this place I've not once asked for donations. We've typically been supported by ad revenue, but in the last 2 years I've paid out of pocket to keep it afloat, and saved up scratch (applying hours of personal free time) and paid for the massive data import, licensing, design, development, hosting, and software to get us back to where we are today. We will eventually hopefully have advertising revenue coming in again, but right now there's a lot going on and a lot to catch up with.
- Hosting, upkeep, and transition over the last two years since we moved from legacy MOC cost me around ~800 dollars.
- The import of all the old 1999-2012 content to this new solution has cost me roughly ~900 dollars.
- The hosting with our current traffic costs me ~50 dollars a month, but may require an upgrade to ~70 dollars monthly for additional cores, ram, and GB of storage. I've already paid a year in advance ~350 for a cloud hosting solution that we can expand as we need.
- The licensing of various platforms, hooks, add-ons, upgrades, and license subscriptions for the current site has cost me ~400 dollars
So, a little over $2000 dollars in personal cash was thrown into this baby, and I was happy to do so. Not a lot, but a significant chunk of pocket change for a site that isn't currently generating revenue and is completely free. I'm not expecting all of that back from you. But even a little donation from everyone to offset the expenses would be a huge help, and any donations beyond my receipts paid would also go towards future upkeep, features, and upgrades.
What do you get as a Supporter?
At least a $20 dollar suggested donation (though more is welcome and appreciated) will make you a Supporter! You get:
- No Ads. You won't be shown ads for a year. Yay! Next year, you keep ALL your perks and title - that's permanent, and can opt to make another donation to hide ads for another year.
- Supporter Group Access: You'll be added to the Supporter group, and the title will be displayed on your profile and forum posts.
- Featured Profile: You'll be given a featured profile supporter shout-out slot for a week in rotation on the homepage
- Supporter badge: You'll be given a special supporter image badge which appears on your profile block on the boards. If you are an oldschool member and don't want to lose your cassette badge, it will be an upgraded version of your cassette tape badge.
- Unique "Army Green" Name Color change: You'll be rewarded a group username color as part of the Supporter group.
- Help to pick the Supporter title, graphic, and colors with other supporters.
- 5 name changes: You'll be granted 5 display name changes a year (instead of 1) to use as you wish.
- More editing time: You'll be given double the editing time allotted (6 minutes) to go back and fix your foot-in-mouth posts before they lock!
- Unlimited Gallery: You'll be given unlimited albums and upload space in the Gallery.
- Double the Reputation Power: You'll be able to grant 30 positive rep and 6 negative rep daily.
- Access to beta features: You'll be able to see new features days or weeks before they go live, and help the MOC team test and review them, providing critical feedback. Be a part of MOC's design and direction!
- 10 Reputation Points
- ... and the pleasure of knowing you helped out. <3
If you just want to donate and don't care about the above, or you're a lurker or nonposter that enjoyed the site over the years, the support is also very much appreciated.
How do I donate?
Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org - Include your name, email, and Makeoutclub username (important!) in your paypal send form. Please allow a week or so for me to get to your reward! Thank you SO much for your help.
INITIAL GOAL : $2000
DONATED SO FAR : $1110.00
There is NO deadline to support. Supporter status will be available forever in some form or another, with added perks and features in the future for all who have and who will help out.
@Imaginary_Grace - Oldschool/Supporter
@youth - Oldschool/Supporter
@bored - Oldschool/Supporter
@molly - Oldschool/Supporter
@Glacier - Oldschool/Supporter
@modest - Oldschool/Supporter
@JSNLevi - Oldschool/Supporter
@BrodieLafours - Oldschool/Supporter
@1otherwhitemeat - Oldschool/Supporter
@WOLFPACK - Oldschool/Supporter
@el_Uste - Oldschool/Supporter
@"Soft Like Kitten - Supporter
@Hollow - Supporter
@deathbymsgboard - Supporter
@faggots - Supporter
@drebb - Oldschool/Supporter
@schojo - Oldschool/Supporter
@ToyRobot - Supporter
@MechanicalWings - Supporter
@JesusTits - Supporter
@sostylistik - Oldschool/Supporter
@Succisive - Supporter
@thegrouch314 - Supporter
@stabs - Oldschool/Supporter
@xthedevilsadvocatex - Oldschool/Supporter
@DGC-24711 - Oldschool/Supporter
@Mikesss - Supporter
@orchidsystem - Oldschool/Supporter
@Carl - Supporter
@bees - Oldschool/Supporter
@RED_MUSEUM - Oldschool/Supporter
@Bombernaut - Supporter
@AsherP - Oldschool/Supporter
@partyhooker - Oldschool/Supporter
@SANG BLEU - Oldschool/Supporter
@Cake - Oldschool/Supporter
@nanananananananaMATTMAN - Oldschool/Supporter
@laurenornot - Oldschool/Supporter
3,384 Views · 141 Replies ( Last reply by DGC-24711 )
13,405 Views · 1,522 Replies ( Last reply by gummiskor )
4,890 Views · 652 Replies ( Last reply by plasticarmyman )
What are you bummed about, MOC?
26,884 Views · 2,379 Replies ( Last reply by plasticarmyman )
Post your weird illnesses, birth defects, and health issues here!
It is always interesting to hear what others are afflicted with in hopes that your own health issues pale in comparison to those around you.
Two to start:
Luckily I don't have severe scoliosis and I didn't need a back brace growing up but my youth and adult life has been spattered by expensive trips to physiotherapy, massage therapists, acupuncture clinics, and chiropractors (I hate chiropractors and stopped seeing them 13 years ago).
My scoliosis also impacts the way I walk (I tend to weave on sidewalks) and in turn it messes with my knees and legs. As a result of this, I sometimes get flare ups of mild bursitis. My knees suck and I now have a legit excuse not to join most sport teams.
206 Views · 29 Replies ( Last reply by plasticarmyman )
1,032 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by DGC-24711 )
Have you guys heard of this thing before?
Looks like the kind of thing that would give you nightmares for weeks.
Experiences? Good ones, fun ones, awful ones?
81 Views · 8 Replies ( Last reply by indiansummer )
Is that lori's body or just some random zombie??
I thought they buried her body but maybe I am wrong.
I do not like Andrea, and I think Michonne is a pure badass.
Love the show, didn't know it was based off a comic. I plan to read that after awhile but it is nice not knowing what is going to happen next.
1,645 Views · 190 Replies ( Last reply by notsospooky )
Support MOCMOC will always be free. But, if you want to help out, become a SUPPORTER! A small donation will grant you Supporter access, hiding all of the ads, and granting you access to more features. Click here for info!
Today's Top Posters
I ejaculated a black glacier of decayed frozen splooge.
Nadbash - Oct 15 2014 06:32 PM