the price of happiness

Posted by JSNLevi in General Nonsense
I know everyone here is in different economic brackets, so I won't use specific numbers, but I'm in an interesting situation right now and I'd like to hear what you all think.

I was an odd-jobber just barely getting by doing the things that I love on my own schedule for four years. Two years ago, I got an in with a desk job that paid twice what I had ever made and I took it. I was completely miserable by the end of it. I've been back to the old odd-job model for a few months now and am loving my freedom and the satisfaction of jobs well done on custom projects that people are excited about me doing for them. I've just been offered a job that pays twice what the good-paying hell job paid (4x what I'm used to) and I'm pretty sure it would be more of the same.

TLDR: How much financial stability/upward mobility would it take to give up your happiness?

424 Views · 49 Replies ( Last reply by KathKeen )

164,041 Views · 9,137 Replies ( Last reply by theotherwhitemeat )

30,088 Views · 2,570 Replies ( Last reply by bees )

Last show you went to

Just back from Refused. They sounded great. Opening band sucked so much dick.

3,889 Views · 322 Replies ( Last reply by apneallison )

DILDO RATING THREAD

Posted by ummlakyn in General Nonsense

This guy has me shopping for dildos with which to peg him and they're fun to look at so I'm spreading the love. You know what to do. Post and I'll pick the perfect dildo for you like a sex toy matchmaker.

This one is me:

322059-324472-350x350.jpg

277 Views · 37 Replies ( Last reply by apneallison )

Pictures of shit you love in your house or workplace

Posted by BADWOLF in General Nonsense

Here is some stuff in my house that I really love.

Ghostbusters photo and Jurassic Park Burger King watches
n1mPpJS.jpg

Thrift store mug

qiaW27q.jpg

Vinyl Martian and Spudz Mackenzie Budweiser insulated beer mug

opZdWfV.jpg

Giant Okie map
dW7kISo.jpg

Star Wars

Posted by BADWOLF in General Nonsense

Couldn't find an actual thread. Really need to hash out some thoughts while watching the Clone Wars animated series, which is supposedly canon.

other threads:

Request: Tips and tricks on writing formal papers (i.e. analytical reports)

Posted by drebb in General Nonsense

Researching/writing this ridiculously short report on hydrogen fuel cells.

I'm not doing too badly, but in all honest writing has never been my strong suit.

Any MOCers been through the grind a few times and have some pro tips on the ol' thesis hoedown?

200 Views · 15 Replies ( Last reply by drebb )

­

Testing!

191 Views · 21 Replies ( Last reply by faggots )

• nayeem_se Newest Member