Support MOCMOC will always be free. But, if you want to help out, become a SUPPORTER! A small donation will grant you Supporter access, hiding all of the ads, and granting you access to more features. Click here for info!
el_Uste has posted in Become a supporter! Donate to MOC, help the site you love, and get stuff! in General Nonsense.
Today, 05:37 AM
get_in_the_van has posted in Who's in the NE (Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester etc.) region and what to do? in General Nonsense.
Today, 05:25 AM
get_in_the_van has updated their profile photo.
Today, 05:24 AM
The best would be if he went to prison.
97 Views · 20 Replies ( Last reply by el_Uste )
My Dear Makeoutclub,
In the nearly 15 years I've run this place I've not once asked for donations. We've typically been supported by ad revenue, but in the last 2 years I've paid out of pocket to keep it afloat, and saved up scratch (applying hours of personal free time) and paid for the massive data import, licensing, design, development, hosting, and software to get us back to where we are today. We will eventually hopefully have advertising revenue coming in again, but right now there's a lot going on and a lot to catch up with.
- Hosting, upkeep, and transition over the last two years since we moved from legacy MOC cost me around ~800 dollars.
- The import of all the old 1999-2012 content to this new solution has cost me roughly ~900 dollars.
- The hosting with our current traffic costs me ~50 dollars a month, but may require an upgrade to ~70 dollars monthly for additional cores, ram, and GB of storage. I've already paid a year in advance ~350 for a cloud hosting solution that we can expand as we need.
- The licensing of various platforms, hooks, add-ons, upgrades, and license subscriptions for the current site has cost me ~400 dollars
So, a little over $2000 dollars in personal cash was thrown into this baby, and I was happy to do so. Not a lot, but a significant chunk of pocket change for a site that isn't currently generating revenue and is completely free. I'm not expecting all of that back from you. But even a little donation from everyone to offset the expenses would be a huge help, and any donations beyond my receipts paid would also go towards future upkeep, features, and upgrades.
What do you get as a Supporter?
At least a $20 dollar suggested donation (though more is welcome and appreciated) will make you a Supporter! You get:
- No Ads. You won't be shown ads for a year. Yay! Next year, you keep ALL your perks and title - that's permanent, and can opt to make another donation to hide ads for another year.
- Supporter Group Access: You'll be added to the Supporter group, and the title will be displayed on your profile and forum posts.
- Featured Profile: You'll be given a featured profile supporter shout-out slot for a week in rotation on the homepage
- Supporter badge: You'll be given a special supporter image badge which appears on your profile block on the boards. If you are an oldschool member and don't want to lose your cassette badge, it will be an upgraded version of your cassette tape badge.
- Unique "Army Green" Name Color change: You'll be rewarded a group username color as part of the Supporter group.
- Help to pick the Supporter title, graphic, and colors with other supporters.
- 5 name changes: You'll be granted 5 display name changes a year (instead of 1) to use as you wish.
- More editing time: You'll be given double the editing time allotted (6 minutes) to go back and fix your foot-in-mouth posts before they lock!
- Unlimited Gallery: You'll be given unlimited albums and upload space in the Gallery.
- Double the Reputation Power: You'll be able to grant 30 positive rep and 6 negative rep daily.
- Access to beta features: You'll be able to see new features days or weeks before they go live, and help the MOC team test and review them, providing critical feedback. Be a part of MOC's design and direction!
- 10 Reputation Points
- ... and the pleasure of knowing you helped out. <3
If you just want to donate and don't care about the above, or you're a lurker or nonposter that enjoyed the site over the years, the support is also very much appreciated.
How do I donate?
Paypal to email@example.com - Include your name, email, and Makeoutclub username (important!) in your paypal send form. Please allow a week or so for me to get to your reward! Thank you SO much for your help.
INITIAL GOAL : $2000
DONATED SO FAR : $855.00
There is NO deadline to support. Supporter status will be available forever in some form or another, with added perks and features in the future for all who have and who will help out.
@Imaginary_Grace - Oldschool/Supporter
@youth - Oldschool/Supporter
@bored - Oldschool/Supporter
@molly - Oldschool/Supporter
@Glacier - Oldschool/Supporter
@modest - Oldschool/Supporter
@JSNLevi - Oldschool/Supporter
@BrodieLafours - Oldschool/Supporter
@1otherwhitemeat - Oldschool/Supporter
@WOLFPACK - Oldschool/Supporter
@el_Uste - Oldschool/Supporter
@"Soft Like Kitten - Supporter
@Hollow - Supporter
@deathbymsgboard - Supporter
@faggots - Supporter
@drebb - Oldschool/Supporter
@schojo - Oldschool/Supporter
@ToyRobot - Supporter
@MechanicalWings - Supporter
@JesusTits - Supporter
@sostylistik - Oldschool/Supporter
@Succisive - Supporter
@thegrouch314 - Supporter
@stabs - Oldschool/Supporter
@xthedevilsadvocatex - Oldschool/Supporter
@DGC-24711 - Oldschool/Supporter
@Mikesss - Supporter
@orchidsystem - Oldschool/Supporter
1,003 Views · 97 Replies ( Last reply by el_Uste )
1,458 Views · 284 Replies ( Last reply by get_in_the_van )
i'll be there mid may and i'm looking for stuff to do in advance!
38 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by get_in_the_van )
22,281 Views · 2,288 Replies ( Last reply by molly )
Elsewhere in the dream was the band Tool, who it turns out got a record deal because they cornered a record exec in a pool.
3,436 Views · 361 Replies ( Last reply by el_Uste )
18 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by PistonHonda )
Today's Top Posters
Who's in the NE (Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester etc.) region and what to do?
schojo - Yesterday, 02:06 PM